Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Queenstown

Spent all day on planes and Auckland Airport, so given the 7am flight out of Sydney, it was a latish arrival into Queenstown at 5.30pm NZ time. Still, even my tiredness didn't prevent me from marvelling at the breathtaking mountains around the lake and town. And the Aspen, where I am staying, has a vantage point allowing great views of the lake from the dining room, verandah and some of the hotel rooms. This makes up for it being away from town. (The staff said when I booked that it was a 15 minute walk. It took me about 25 minutes).



I already feel the stress melting away. Work is a thousand miles away. Eagerly awaiting the arrival of the others tomorrow. Now its time to find some food and settle in for the night, maybe with a glass of red.

No comments: