Monday, April 16, 2007

Expedition to Cottage Point

It's Monday once more, hooray! It's my day off. I went sailing, as I haven't been out on the water for a while. Yesterday, J and I were out at Clifton Gardens, anear Balmoral Beach, having a cup of tea and I saw lots of yachts out. This prompted me to call the club and book in for a sail. And today, it was perfect weather for it too. I was allocated to a yacht with GS, GE and S. We had about 8 -12 knots to begin with, and we sped rapidly towards Lion Island. Coming back, we saw whitecaps (white peaks on the tops of waves) forming - an indication of the wind picking up even more. All in all an exhilarating sail.

Afterwards, I drove up to Cottage Point to see if there was a nice restaurant to bring Mum and Dad to when they visit. There was the Cottage Point Inn, accessible by road (involving some steps) or ferry. At the Cottage Point kiosk I ordered a coffee and sat down to read, but soon found myself in an interesting conversation with a fellow-coffee drinker who asked about sailing lessons (he saw the sailing club logo embroidered on my T-shirt). I had been reading Ian Irvine, and he recommended books by Ricardo Pinto and the movie "Wit". I recommended he further his interest in sketching and painting. I'd like to think we enriched each other's lives in some tiny way. Will check out Pinto and "Wit".

No comments: